- 1-1/2 pkg. (4 oz. each) Unsweetened Chocolate (6 oz.), broken into pieces
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. Instant Coffee
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Grease foil; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate, butter, water and coffee granules in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Beat in granulated and brown sugars with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat 2 min. Add flour, almonds, cinnamon and salt; beat until well blended. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.)
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Lift brownies from pan onto cutting board, using foil handles.
- Cut into 20 brownies to serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!