Maple-Mustard Country-style Spareribs
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep time:5 minutes
Cooking time:1 hour 40 minutes
Total time:1 hour and 45 minutes
- 6 large country spareribs (about 4-1/2 lbs.)
- 3/4 cup coarse-grained mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- Salt and coarse ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup plus 1 T. packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Mix maple syrup, mustard, brown sugar, hot sauce, and soy sauce. Set sauce mixture aside.
- Create indirect fire with foil drip pan half-filled with water. Lay ribs on rack over drip pan and brush with glaze.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes, turning and basting every 15 minutes.
- Move ribs to hot side of grill. Brush with sauce, cover, and grill for 5 minutes.
- Repeat turning and basting, until ribs are tender and brown (about 20 minutes)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!