- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Scald 1 3/4 cup milk with the maple syrup in top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water.
- Combine remaining milk, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add to first mixture gradually and stir constantly.
- Cook 25 minutes.
- Beat eggs slightly — add small amount of hot mixture.
- Then, add eggs and all to remainder of pudding in double boiler, and cook another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with chopped nuts while pudding is hot. Set aside to cool.
- Cover with whipped cream.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!