- 12 ozs. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 gingersnap or vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 1/2 s (4 or 5 ozs. each) fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries)
In mixer bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar; beat until smooth. Add egg, lemon peel and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in berries; set aside. Place baking cups in each cup of regular muffin pan. Place cookie in each cup. Divide berry mixture equally between baking cups. Bake in 350° oven 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before serving. To serve, remove paper from cheese cakes and place on plates. Garnish with additional berries, mint sprigs and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Note: Use foil baking cups. These cheese cakes can be made 2 days ahead of serving.