- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Green Food Color
- 1 teaspoon Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, food color and peppermint extract; mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets 1 minute.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Serves: Makes 3 dozen cookies.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!