Ingredients for the Mocha Rub
- 2 Tablespoons ground coffee beans
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Roast:
- 2 lb beef roast
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/8 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Rub- Mix all coffee, paprika, and all other spices in a shallow dish.
- Pat the roast with a paper towel. Rub mixture over the the roast and rub it in well with your hands.
- Pour coffee, broth, onion, honey and balsamic vinegar into the slow cooker. Place the roast with the slow cooker and broth mixture . Cook for 6-7 hours on low. *You can serve the roast with or without the liquid.