Submitted by your Recipe Page Editor, Jen Bodeker
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 2 small whole onions, peeled
- 1+ tsp. Adobo seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. fresh black pepper
- 1 – 17 oz. carton chicken stock
- 2 – 32 oz. cartons chicken broth
- water, as needed
- 4-6 stalks celery, chopped
- 4-6 whole carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 4-6 chicken bouillon cubes, if needed
- 1-2 pounds old fashioned medium egg noodles
- Rinse the chicken, remove bag of giblets, and discard if included.
- Stuff the bird with the whole onions, cut if needed.
- Rub chicken with Adobo seasoning and pepper, and place into a large stock pot.
- Pour in chicken stock, 1 carton of the broth, and a few bouillon cubes.
- Add parsley (along with any other seasonings you like), celery, carrots, the rest of the onion, and enough water to cover the bird (the more water you add, the more bouillon cubes you should use).
- Boil chicken until done, about 1.5 or 2 hrs.
- Continue adding water as it cooks away.
- Remove chicken onto a large plate or bowl.
- Add noodles, chicken broth, and more water, bringing to a slow boil.
- Meanwhile, separate and tear the chicken it into bite-sized pieces, adding it back to the soup.
- Continue cooking until the noodles are done.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!