- 1 pound ground beef (or sausage)
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 to 2 pound package frozen pepper and onion blend (Mine was 1 lb, 6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 4 cups rice, cooked (for serving)
- In large pot or dutch oven, brown beef over medium high heat until no longer pink.
- Drain, if needed.
- Add onion and pepper blend and continue cooking until peppers are tender and onions are slightly translucent.
- Stir in all other ingredients except for rice.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce heat and simmer for about thirty minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in rice to each bowl or the whole pot just before serving.