Ingredients for the Cookies:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup (2 sticks) REAL® Butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Glaze:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
Directions for the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, oats, orange peel, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder, allspice and cloves. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, almond extract and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until well combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. Shape into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into a 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch stocking cutter, cut out 30 shapes. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 30 cookies
For the Glaze:
- In a bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, apple juice and 3 teaspoons cinnamon; glaze should run freely off of spoon.
- Frost entire cookie with glaze and immediately place chopped pecans on top of the stocking. Allow cookies to set for 30 minutes before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!