- 6 slices Italian bread, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 7/8 Romano cheese, freshly grated
- 6 large slices tomatoes
- 10 large mushrooms, sliced
- seasoned salt and freshly ground
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
Butter bread, toast lightly on one side. Turn, sprinkle with two tablespoons cheese; toast. Top with tomato and mushrooms and season. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives and remaining cheese; spread over mushrooms, covering bread. Broil until top is bubbly.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!