Submitted by: Rick Tytko of Brecksville, Ohio
- 2 Cups sautéed mushrooms
- 4 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Liquid from sautéed mushrooms and enough light cream to make 2 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of white pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of sautéed onion
- 8 inch double unbaked pie shell
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of butter until soft.
- Drain and save liquid.
- Make cream sauce by melting butter in bottom of pan.
- Stir in flour and cook mixture until bubbly.
- Slowly add mushroom liquid and cream, stirring constantly until mixture thickens slightly.
- Season with salt, pepper and onion.
- Add mushrooms to cream sauce and heat together.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Cover with other crust and prick top for steam vents.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve while warm.
Makes 6 servings.
Note: pie may be frozen when cool. Defrost in refrigerator and bake in preheated oven.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!