Submitted by: Betty Yuricek of Warren, Ohio
- (1) 8-12 oz can of mushrooms
- Small onion
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3-4 cups of milk
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 4 chicken bullion cubes (4 small cubes or 2 large cubes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
*(Optional) You can add pre-cooked vegetables, cubed potatoes, crumbled bacon, egg dumplings (recipe below).
- On medium high heat add 3-4 cups of milk with 4 bullion cubes in large pot for base of soup.
- Dice onion and saute in a pan with 1/2 stick of butter until soft, add to soup.
- In a bowl mix 1/3 cup of flour with 1/4 cup of milk.
- Mix throughly until it forms a smooth paste, add to soup (paste will thicken soup).
- Add (1) 8-12 oz can of mushrooms.
- Cook until all ingredients are heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Ingredients for Egg Dumplings:
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
Directions for Egg Dumplings:
- Mushroom soup is made, bring to boil.
- Mix all dumpling ingredients together into thick paste.
- Spoon in teaspoon size amount of dough to top of heated soup.
- Cover large pot after all dumplings are added.
- Cook until dumplings are firm.