- 2 packages of Hot Italian Sausage Links (use mild links for less spicy chili)
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (use mild chili powder for less spicy chili)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer (OK to substitute light beer or 1 cup beef stock)
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) red kidney beans
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans
- 1-1.5 cups corn (frozen or fresh off the cob)
- salt and pepper
- De-case sausage and sautÈ in large pot; use wooden spoon to crumble sausage as it cooks.
- Once sausage is nicely browned, stir in onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin and continue cooking until onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- Add beer and allow it to simmer for an additional 5 minutes scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste and allow it to simmer, uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes on medium-low, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Finally, stir in beans and corn.
- Let this come to a simmer and it’s ready to serve! (Can be prepared a day ahead.)
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!