- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups new red potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and cut into small cubes 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 8 ounces canned clams, undrained
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups whole milk 1 cup half and half cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook the bacon in a large stockpot until brown and crisp. Remove, crumble and set aside.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and onions to the stockpot, along with 2 cups of water. Heat to a gentle boil and cook for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the clams and continue cooking.
- In a small bowl, make a paste of the flour and butter. Slowly blend the flour and butter paste into the hot soup until the soup is thickened and smooth. Add the milk and blend again.
- Add the cream and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Do not allow the soup to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!