- 1 1/2 s sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 buttermilk
- 1 9 inch pie shell, chilled
- Mix sugar and flour; beat in eggs, one at a time until light and fluffy. Add butter and buttermilk. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 275° 40 to 50 minutes.
- Instant Tiramisu
- 1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup light or dark with real brown sugar corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 12 slices pound cake, each about
- 1/2-inch thick
- 1 (8 oz.) container whipped topping or instant whipped cream
- chocolate shavings and cinnamon (optional)
Prepare pudding as directed on package using 2 cups milk and set aside to chill. Whisk together corn syrup and dissolved coffee. Lay six slices pound cake flat on serving platter or plates. Drizzle each slice evenly (about 1 tablespoon per slice) using half the corn syrup mixture. Top each slice with 3 to 4 tablespoons pudding. Place remaining cake slices on top of pudding. Drizzle slices evenly with remaining corn syrup mixture. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings and cinnamon, if desired.
Dear Food Editor,
I found this recipe in an old 1948 cookbook. I tried it and it?s easy and very delicious.
Thank you an avid reader for years.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!