One Pan Breakfast Banana Cake
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil + 2 tsp for cooking
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 sliced bananas, plus another sliced banana for the top
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- pinch of salt
Almond Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- For the cake, beat the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and honey in a bowl until creamy. Whisk in one egg at a time, mixing well after each.
- Stir in two of the sliced bananas followed by the gluten free flour, which will form a nice thick batter.
- Mix in the almond milk and a pinch of salt.
- Heat the 2 teaspoons coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat, and then pour the batter into a skillet allowing that base to brown for a few minutes to get nice and caramelized. Remove from heat and decorate the top of the batter with remaining sliced bananas. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine all your sauce ingredients – except for the almond milk – in a small pot on low heat and mix until it all combines (2-3 minutes). Remove from the heat and stir in the almond milk; you will notice it start to thicken up. Set it aside.
- To serve the cake, garnish with a dollop of your favorite yogurt and drizzle with the almond sauce. You are ready for breakfast!!
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!