- 1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter (preferably just peanuts and salt)
- 1/2 stick (4 tbsp) butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 oz) dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat peanut butter and butter until smooth and fluffy. Add vanilla and powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, until combined. The mixture should be thick and stiff enough so that you can roll it into balls without it sticking to your hands.
- Scoop peanut butter mixture by the tablespoon and roll into balls. Place on a plate or small cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place peanut butter balls in the freezer and let chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring between each interval.
- Remove peanut butter balls from the freezer, and dip, one at a time into melted chocolate, leaving a small circle at the top open. Place dipped peanut butter balls on wax paper and let cool in the refrigerator.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Yield: About 2 dozen.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!