- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, blend eggs with a handheld mixer until slightly frothy. Add peanut butter, brown sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder, chili powder and cayenne to the bowl with the beaten egg. Blend with the handheld mixer on medium speed until combined, stopping once to scrape down sides. Stir in chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of cookie dough evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top, pressing in lightly to help adhere. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake 10-12 minutes until puffed, edges are set and tops are barely set. The cookies will firm up as they cool, so do not overcook.
- Cool on the baking sheet 10 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!