- 8 slices thick white bread (texas toast)
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, warmed
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted plus more for skillet
- dash of salt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- Powdered Sugar
- Maple or Berry Syrup
- Place bread on baking sheet and bake in 300° oven for 6 minutes, flip and repeat. Remove from sheet and cool 5 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 200°.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until well combined.
- Pour into large baking pan, add bread and soak in mixture approximately 15-20 seconds per side.
- Melt a bit of butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add soaked bread to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place cooked French Toast on baking sheet and keep warm in 200° oven until all are done.
- Serve warm with butter, powdered sugar and your favorite syrup.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!