- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°; bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
- Garnish as desired.
- Topping options:
- Sour cream topping: Combine 1 1/2 cups sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in medium bowl.
- After pie has baked 30 minutes at 350°, spread evenly over top.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Streusel topping: Combine 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup flour in medium bowl.
- Cut in 1/4 cup cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
- After pie has baked 30 minutes at 350°, sprinkle evenly over top.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Chocolate glaze: Melt 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening in small saucepan over low heat.
- Drizzle or spread over top of baked pie.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!