- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour half of the pumpkin mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle half over the batter.
- Carefully spread with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with remaining topping (pan will be full).
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!