- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (1.59 oz.) pkg. freezer jam fruit pectin
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into large chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6 (8 oz.) plastic freezer jars
Stir sugar and contents of pectin package in a bowl until well blended. Set aside.
Pulse pineapple and green pepper in a food processor to a fine consistency. Add green chilies and lime juice. Pulse 2-3 more times. Add pineapple mixture to pectin mixture. Stir 3 minutes. Ladle jam into clean jars to fill line. Twist on lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Makes about 6 (8 oz.) half pints.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!