- 4 potatoes (washed and cut in half)
- 3 cups beets, cooked (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup peas, green, fresh or frozen
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Boil the potatoes in 2 cups of water in a deep kettle.
- Cover and cook over moderate heat for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- When thoroughly cool, dice potatoes and place in a big bowl.
- Add diced beets and mix with the potatoes.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of peas for garnishing and add the rest to the bowl.
- Save 1 egg to use as a garnish.
- Chop the rest and add to the bowl.
- Peel the skin off the apple and remove the core.
- Cut the apple into small pieces, place in a small bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add apple to the salad.
- Add the vinegar, olive oil and sugar.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Chill and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!