- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, washed
- 1/2 cup turkey pepperoni slices, cut in halves (can sub cooked ground beef, shredded chicken or cubes lean ham)
- Optional: bell pepper, ripe olives, mushrooms, etc.
- Combine tomato sauce, oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano and garlic powder in a container with tight fitting lid.
- Cover and shake dressing until well-blended.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce with cheese, tomatoes, and pepperoni.
- Serve with dressing and optional pizza toppings of choice.