- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90 percent lean)
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 cans (8 oz each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- Sliced turkey pepperoni (3 oz)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti (9 oz)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, pepperoni, sugar, parsley and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain spaghetti; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!