- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 6 medium (6 – 9 oz. each) Idaho potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 pork loin chops (about 2 1/2 lbs.), about 1-inch thick
- 1 bunch broccoli, washed and cut into long spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°. In large mixing bowl, combine soup and 2 cans of water until blended; set aside. Slice half of the potatoes and place them in a 12x18x4-inch roasting pan (or other large, deep pan). In large skillet, saute pork chops over high heat about 5 minutes, or until nicely browned on both sides. Arrange chops over potatoes in pan. Place broccoli spears in pan around chops. In same pan that chops were sauteed, heat olive oil over high heat, add onions and garlic and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in poultry seasoning. Spoon mixture over chops and broccoli, and sprinkle with pepper, if desired. Add soup mixture to hot skillet. Turn off heat and scrape up all browned bits from pan; set aside. Slice remaining potatoes and arrange over all in the pan. Pour soup mixture over all, scraping all browned bits onto casserole. Cover pan tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake another 15 minutes.
The Idaho Potato Commission
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!