- 1 cup (8 oz) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (12 oz) Mexican-style whole kernel corn, drained*
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa, divided
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, sliced, divided
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, divided
In small bowl, stir together sour cream, chilies and cumin until well blended. Place three of the noodles across bottom of 13-by 9-by 2-inch baking dish. Over noodles, evenly layer 1/2 cup of the corn and 1 1/3 cups of the lettuce. Dollop with 3/4 cup of the salsa. Evenly layer with slices from five of the eggs and sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers substituting sour cream mixture for salsa. Repeat layers again with remaining ingredients using 3/4 cup of the salsa and remaining 2 eggs. Dollop with 1/4 cup salsa. Cover and chill to blend flavors. To serve, cut into squares. Serve a portion of all layers.
* Substitute 1 1/2 cups cooked and drained fresh corn kernels (about 3 medium ears) and 2 tablespoons each finely chopped sweet red and green pepper, if desired.
Recipe provided by the Ohio Poultry Association.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!