- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1/2 sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen pound cake, thawed
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup
In small saucepan, combine cherries and sugar. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to cherries. Bring to boil; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and red food coloring if desired. Cut pound cake into 12 slices. For each serving, place 2 slices on an individual plate. Top with 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce and about 1/4 cup cherry sauce. Makes 6 servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!