- 1 lb. red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1 1/2 s water
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 8 ozs. thinly sliced deli corned beef, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Place potatoes and water in 3 quart microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on high 6 to 8 minutes. Add onion; cover and cook 4 minutes. Stir in coleslaw mix. Cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
In large skillet, saute corned beef in oil 3 to 4 minutes; stir in remaining ingredients. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through. Add to potato mixture; toss to combine. Cover and microwave 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
For St. Patrick?s day, prepare this dish instead of the traditional corned beef dinner. This takes less time and makes good use of the microwave.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!