- 2 cups fresh asparagus, large spears (cut into 1″ pieces)
- 1/2 yellow or red bell pepper (cut into 1/2″ pieces)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 14 oz can drained artichoke hearts
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa (cooked according to package directions)
Ingredients for Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh or bottled lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk; set aside.
- Cut vegetables as directed.
- Heat grill and grilling tray.
- Place vegetables and shrimp in a large bowl; add about 1/3 of the vinaigrette (about 3 tbsp) and toss.
- Spread shrimp-vegetable mixture over hot grilling tray.
- Grill, turning shrimp and vegetables, until the flesh of the shrimp is an opaque color (about 5-6 minutes); remove from grill.
- Serve grill mixture over cooked quinoa, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!