- 1 cup all-pupose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cups) Driscoll’s Raspberries
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and grated (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Remove 2 tablespoons mixture and toss with raspberries in a separate bowl.
- Stir together pear, brown sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla in a separate large bowl.
- Add flour mixture to pear mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Gently fold in raspberries and pecans until evenly blended.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!