Rich Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fat free greek yogurt
- Clean your cooking area and wash your hands. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir in hot water. Add applesauce, Greek yogurt, and egg. Stir gently until mixed.
- Pour into pan and bake 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- Beat butter and cocoa powder together with a mixer until well combined.
- Add milk and vanilla, and mix to combine.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar, starting on low speed (to prevent the sugar from flying!) and working up to a higher speed to lightly whip the chocolate frosting.
- Frost the cooled cake once it has cooled.