- 4 thick slices applewood-smoked bacon, chopped
- 1?4 cup plus 1 1?2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 30 fresh asparagus spears, tough ends removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (16-ounce) container fresh strawberries, sliced, 1?4 inch thick (about 2 1?2 cups)
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1?2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from skillet, and drain on paper towels. Drain bacon grease from skillet. (Do not wipe skillet out.) Add 1?4 cup olive oil and marmalade to skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until marmalade is melted, loosening brown bits from bottom of skillet while stirring. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar. Set aside. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread asparagus in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle asparagus with remaining 1 1?2 tablespoons olive oil, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle evenly with salt. Bake until asparagus is barely tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Place asparagus on a large platter, or divide evenly among 6 salad plates. Stir strawberries into marmalade mixture, tossing to coat. Spoon strawberry mixture evenly over asparagus. Top evenly with bacon, feta cheese and pepper. Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!