- 3 lb. dandelion greens, tough lower stems discarded and leaves cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Cook greens in 10-to 12-quart pot of boiling, salted water (3 T. salt for 8 quarts water), uncovered, until ribs are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain in colander, then rinse under cold water to stop cooking and drain well, gently pressing out excess water. Heat oil in 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, then cook garlic and red-pepper flakes, stirring, until pale golden, about 45 seconds. Increase heat to medium-high, then add greens and sea salt and sauté until coated with oil and heated through, about 4 minutes.
Note: Dandelion greens can be boiled 3 days ahead. Chill, wrapped in paper towels, in a sealed bag.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!