- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. boneless lamb shoulder or stewing lamb
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Juice of ½ lemon
Trim fat from lamb; cut into bite-size pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then toss with flour. In Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add floured lamb pieces and chopped onion; cook until lamb is browned on all sides, stirring frequently. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 1 hour, until lamb is tender. Serve over hot cooked rice, grits or polenta, couscous, or serve with hot buttered noodles or potatoes. Serves 4.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!