- 36 chocolate kisses with almonds
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar for rolling
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add flour, almonds and almond extract, if desired; beat on low speed of mixer until well blended.
- Using about 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie, shape dough around each chocolate piece; roll in hand to make ball. (Be sure to cover each chocolate piece completely.)
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set but not browned.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. While still slightly warm, roll in powdered sugar.
- Cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container.
- Roll again in powdered sugar just before serving.
Makes about 36 cookies.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!