- 1/2 cup margarine (soft)
- 1 cup honey*
- 1 cup carrot (grated raw)
- 2 egg whites (well beaten)
- 2 cups flour (all purpose)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups oatmeal, quick cooking (raw)
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine and honey.
- Stir in carrots and egg whites.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, oatmeal and raisins.
- Gradually stir flour-oatmeal mixture into creamed mixture, just until all flour is mixed.
- Do not over mix.
- Drop from teaspoon on greased baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
*Instead of honey, you can use 1 1/4 cups sugar mixed with 1/4 cup water.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!