- 1 (5 to 6 lb.) leg of lamb
- 1 clove garlic, slivered
- 3 to 4 fresh mint sprigs, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1/3 dry sherry
- 1/3 mint or currant jelly
Make several slits on outside of lamb; insert garlic slivers. Combine mint, salt, pepper and thyme; run on roast. Layer onion in roasting pan; place roast on onions. Insert meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch fat or bone. Bake at 325° 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Combine sherry and jelly. Glaze roast with sherry mixture; bake additional 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!