- 2 Cups Flour
- ¼ Cups Corn Meal
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoons Pepper
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- ¾ Cups Milk
- 12 Ounces drained Whole Kernel Corn
- 8 Ounces Cream Corn
- Honey (optional)
- 3-4 cups oil (or 2 inches deep in the pan)
- In two separate bowls, combine dry ingredients in one, and the wet ingredients in another.
- Pour the wet ones into the dry ones and mix throughly with a spoon, until batter is roughly the consistency of pancake batter.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat approx. 360-370°.
- When the oil is heated, spoon ‘balls’ of batter (as big or small as you like) into the pan and fry until golden brown, a minute or two on each side.
- Make sure they cook all the way through. Remove fried corn balls from the oil onto a wire rack to drip dry, or a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Serve hot with honey for dipping.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!