- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 corned beef brisket (4 pounds), rinsed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Mixed Pickling Spices
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 head cabbage, cored and cut into wedges
- Place potatoes, carrots and onion in slow cooker. Place corned beef brisket over vegetables. Sprinkle with pickling spice and minced garlic. Add enough water (about 8 cups) to just cover meat. Cover.
- Cook 7 hours on high. Add cabbage. Cover. Cook 1-2 hours on high or until cabbage is tender-crisp.
- Remove corned beef brisket to serving platter. Slice thinly across grain. Serve with vegetables.
Tip: For best results, do not remove cover while cooking in slow cooker.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!