- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Slow & Low Smokin’ Texas BBQ Rub
- 4 pounds beef, such as brisket or chuck roast (2-inch thick)
- Rub Seasoning over beef.
- Place beef, fat side up, in 13×9-inch foil pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect medium-low heat (275°F to 300°F).
- Preheat grill by turning all burners to high.
- Turn burner on 1 side to medium-high.
- Turn off burner(s) on other side.
- Place covered beef in pan on unlit side of grill.
- Close grill. Grill 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until internal temperature of thickest part of beef is 180ºF to 185ºF.
- Carefully remove pan from grill.
- Return beef to grill, placing it directly on unlit side.
- Cook 30 minutes longer or until beef forms a crust and internal temperature is 190ºF to 200ºF.
- Remove beef from grill.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with warm pan juices, if desired.
- Note: To maintain medium-low heat (275°F to 300°F), keep lid closed and adjust lit burner as necessary.
- Directions were developed using a gas grill.
- Grills vary; cooking time is approximate.
- Sweet ‘n Smoky Brisket: Brush 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce on brisket during last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Oven Directions: Season and refrigerate brisket as directed.
- Bake, covered, in preheated 300ºF oven 2 hours.
- Remove foil.
- Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hour longer or until meat is tender.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!