Smashed Red Potatoes
- 1 lb. small red potatoes (about 7), quartered
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan.
- Pour in enough water to cover them.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Drain well in a colander. Return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the buttermilk over medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until hot, making sure it doesn’t boil.
- Remove from the heat. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes, adding enough buttermilk to make them creamy (you may not need all the buttermilk).
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring just until blended. 5 servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!