Smoked Cheesy Bread Rolls
- 18 frozen dinner rolls
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ lg. onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz. can drained green chilis
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Place frozen dinner rolls in an aluminum 9-by-13-inch pan with space between them for 45 minutes to soften.
- Once this time is up, mix together olive oil, drained diced chiles, cheese, diced onions and seasonings.
- Cut dinner rolls into four equal pieces each and put them into the bowl. Gently toss together so each piece is nicely coated.
- Spray aluminum pan with nonstick spray and dump pull apart mixture inside. Cover the tray with sprayed aluminum foil and place in a slightly warmer area in your kitchen to rest and rise until they’ve about doubled in size, about an hour.
- Preheat your smoker to 350 F and then place your covered tray on top of the grates for 40 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and continue cooking for 10 minutes to brown the top. Keep on an additional 5 minutes if you want them darker.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!