- 1 spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds)
- 4 (about 12 ounce) Italian-style sausage links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons (salt-free) garlic and herb seasoning, such as Mrs. Dash
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 by 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and place cut side down in baking pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until tender.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool slightly.
- Remove squash from pan and, using a fork, scrape out flesh back into pan; spread out evenly.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crumble sausage into skillet and cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink, breaking into small pieces with spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning over squash.
- Top with tomato, spinach and crumbled sausage; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning.
- Lightly coat the mixtures surface with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes more, or until casserole heats through and cheese melts.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!