- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Add potato; cook and stir in the drippings for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the onion, zucchini and yellow squash.
- Cook, uncovered, for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return bacon to skillet; sprinkle with dill, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for about 1 minute longer or until heated through.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!