- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- dressing (see recipe below)
- 3 tablespoons minced hard-cooked egg
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/4 extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, mashed to a paste or put through garlic press
- 1 tablespoon small capers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- dash of cayenne pepper
Cut off thick stems of cauliflower and break into small flowerets. Place in 1-inch boiling salted water to which lemon juice has been added. Cover and simmer about 10 to 12 minutes, or until just barely tender. Remove from heat and drain well; cool. Trim off stems very close to the flowerets. Beat together lightly the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, capers, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt. Pour over cauliflower and mix with rubber spatula until dressing is absorbed. Add additional salt if necessary. Marinate several hours or overnight. To serve, sprinkle with minced egg and parsley.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!