- 1 lb fresh or frozen medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tsp jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 8 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. You can do this by placing the shrimp under cool running water for no more than 20 minutes
- Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels.
- Place shrimp in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle shrimp with jerk seasoning; toss to coat.
- Set shrimp aside.
- If it is going to take some time, place in refrigerator to follow food safety guidelines.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, red onion, and shrimp.
- Cook in the hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp is opaque.
- Add spinach, cook and stir about 1 minute or until spinach is just wilted. Remember, the more wilted the spinach the less vitamins and nutrients you will receive as the heat removes them.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Place tomatoes on top of dish to garnish and add flavor.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!