- 5 ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 bell pepper of any color, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Put all the ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to overnight.