Submitted by Rick Tytko of Brecksville, Ohio
- 36 oz. chopped tomatoes
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Mix and bring to a boil, all the ingredients. Simmer until thickens, usually 1 to 2 hours.
- Pour into 1/2 pint jars. Process in water bath 30 minutes. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks if not processed. Serve over room temperature cream cheese. You may heat relish before serving over cream cheese. Top with green onion for a festive color. Use crackers or corn chips to serve relish.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!