- 2 teaspoons butter or cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 all purpose flour
- 1/2 non-fat or low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 part-skim Ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb. fresh OR 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen asparagus spears, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
In preheated 450° oven, melt butter in 9-inch pie plate or 10-inch omelet pan or skillet with ovenproof handle*. Tilt plate to coat bottom evenly with butter.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, flour and salt until smooth. Pour into hot pie plate. Bake 8 minutes. Reduce heat to 375° and continue baking until golden brown and sides are puffy, about 8 minutes more.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together Ricotta and lemon juice until well blended. Arrange asparagus as spokes on hot pancake. Dollop with ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with lemon peel. Serve immediately.
Note: To make handle ovenproof, wrap completely with aluminum foil.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!